Having trouble viewing? View on YouTube.
✖️ Suffering from Sciatica?.. Have a listen..
👉🏽 Your sciatic nerve runs through your piriformis muscle.
👉🏽 When the piriformis is inflamed in can compress on this particular nerve causing pain and discomfort.
👉🏽 As well as stretching, try to STRENGTHEN the piriformis!
👉🏽 What does the piriformis do?
– Stabilse hips
– Contributes to external rotation of the hip
– Contributes to abduction of the hip BUT when the hip is in a FLEXED position!
🔥 In short – TRAIN YOUR GLUTES! In particular with movements that externally rotate the hip and abduct the hip when in a flexed position.
– Side lying clamshells 3 x 20
– Seated hip abduction with band 3 x 20
– Romanian deadlifts toes pointing outwards 3 x 12
– 45 degree back extension toes pointed outwards 3 x 15
– BB Hip thrusts with band around knees 4 x 8
😊 I offer external services to these weekly mobility videos. If anyone is ever interested in a movement analysis or strength & conditioning 1 on 1 training or online programming, please feel free to reach out!
Mobile: 0421 773 105
I work from a gym in Brookvale called J-Train Athletic Performance.
Check out my LinkedIn Profile for my experience and certificates if interested.